Warning: mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away in /home/felinaferal/public_html/subdomains/swatkats/wp/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1924

Warning: mysqli_query(): Error reading result set's header in /home/felinaferal/public_html/subdomains/swatkats/wp/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1924
Razor's Edge - The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia
SWAT Kats

Discussion

The following are the most recent posts from a dedicated MegakatCity.com thread for Razor's Edge:

Echo Says:

This episode to me explains why it's hard to be a hero, poor Jake/Razor has to accept the fact that when he launches his weapons there's a risk that he might hurt someone. And seeing him sitting on the couch so depressed just broke me. RazHurt

Statistics: Posted by Echo — Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:58 am

Read More

Cait Says:

Another good episode, indeed. Just loved how deep they go with Jake's feelings.

Kooshmeister wrote:
the fake elderly couple in Razor's Edge. How were they not found out sooner? By someone besides Razor?

I didn't thought about that... But as you all deduced, probably Dark Kat prepared everything from the begining, as always. Sometimes I see Dark Kat as a genius, always having everything planned to the last detail, knowing that much about technology and even keeping in mind the most insignificant things. He even go through Razor's mind this time LOL What a pity such a great mind is at the dark side... <u_u">

Statistics: Posted by Cait — Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:08 am

Read More

SwatKatsFan1 Says:

Good point

Statistics: Posted by SwatKatsFan1 — Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Read More

Kooshmeister Says:

Criminals, especially organized crime, are highly territorial. Dark Kat doesn't generally share; either people work for him or they don't. Even in the "alliance of evil," he made it clear that he was the bossman. He came up with all the plans and let everyone else do the legwork. If a Megakat City Yakuza existed, he'd see them as a threat if they didn't work for him. And since they wouldn't wanna work for him, being incredibly territorial mobsters, they'd likely see Big D as a threat. But I think it's obvious most of this is in a fanfic of some kind. Therefore what the characters do and don't do is entirely up to the author.

Statistics: Posted by Kooshmeister — Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:18 pm

Read More

SwatKatsFan1 Says:

Kooshmeister, I'm confused. How would Tan and the Yakuza see Dark Kat as a threat? They need each other. Dark Kat promised to make Tan expand his criminal operations as long as he gets a large share of his profits and Tan has ninjas that are all hopelessly devoted to him. So I don't get it.

Statistics: Posted by SwatKatsFan1 — Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Read More

MoDaD Says:


"Not only have I destroyed the SWAT Kats, but their reputations as well," but still, it seems a little backwards.


I can see things from your point of view, but here's why I think Dark Kat's actions regarding this point make sense (and feel free to disagree, as this is entirely subjective):

1. The public wouldn't know the SWAT Kats are dead, just Dark Kat and Hard Drive. Dark Kat is sadistic, and wants the SWAT Kats to suffer a horrible, drawn out death (the conveyor crusher). Once they're dead, he doesn't want to leave any evidence (rigging the factory to explode). I'd assume that factory was going to be a pile of smoldering rubble regardless of an escape attempt or not.

2. Ruining their reputation postmortem is useful because Dark Kat can continue to operate secretly, keeping the attention on the "SWAT Kats" and away from himself while he completes his objectives, demoralizes the city, and weakens the position of the city's elected leadership that had both passively and actively backed the vigilantes.

3. He can later have the SWAT Kats "die" in a confrontation with the authorities once the ruse is no longer useful, the ruined reputation denying the heroes the label of martyrs, further serving Dark Kat's sadistic desire to effectively kill the SWAT Kats both literally and metaphorically.

As you've shown, the way things are portrayed in Night of the Dark Kat are admittedly clunky, but I can see what they were trying to attempt, and I still think it pales in comparison to the level of (enjoyable) absurdity displayed in Razor's Edge .

Statistics: Posted by MoDaD — Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Read More

Kooshmeister Says:

MoDaD wrote:
I'd always viewed this as a tactical move - keep in mind Dark Kat was trying to frame the SWAT Kats, so he'd have Hard Drive implicate them for a petty, pedestrian crime (both to make them look bad and to also distance his involvement) - and likely to also bankrupt the city to make it an easier target.


Except didn't he figure they were dead at this point? In fact, now that it occurs to me, he captures them, sets them up to be killed and then frames them? Why bother ruining their reputation if they're (as far as he knows) already dead? I know he flat out says "Not only have I destroyed the SWAT Kats, but their reputations as well," but still, it seems a little backwards. And even though the obviously escapable death trap was obviously escapable, that's a fault of the script, and Dark Kat is limited to what he can do within the confines of that, so he had to have assumed they were going to die.

Although here's another issue; his contingency in case they escaped, the button being wired to explode the building, makes no sense. He says it's in case they shut it off, but that's actually the last thing they'd do from their positions. More than likely, upon getting free, they'd just roll off the conveyor belt, and run out leaving the machine running. The only conceivable scenario I can see the button being pressed to stop the belt is if one SWAT Kat got free before the other one and got off, then pressed the button to halt it. That's possible, but weirdly specific. I'd have wired the front door of the building after leaving, myself.

Statistics: Posted by Kooshmeister — Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

Read More

MoDaD Says:


Dark Kat being Dark Kat, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who accepts donations from lesser criminals.

I'd tend to agreee, though I wonder if instead of taking "donations" he'd be the type who would accept "dues," to give patronage to Dark Kat in the hopes that he'll stay out of their business.


...because why else would he order Hard Drive to rob the treasury.


That's an interesting point, though I personally never got the vibe that Dark Kat was short on cash. I'd always viewed this as a tactical move - keep in mind Dark Kat was trying to frame the SWAT Kats, so he'd have Hard Drive implicate them for a petty, pedestrian crime (both to make them look bad and to also distance his involvement) - and likely to also bankrupt the city to make it an easier target.

Statistics: Posted by MoDaD — Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Read More

TazKat Says:

I had a thing about it even being a little kid that got injured:kitty.jpg

Statistics: Posted by TazKat — Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Read More

Kooshmeister Says:

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:
That's funny having Dark Kat ordering his men to dye their fur purple and I think my idea would work because where does Dark Kat have a volcano as a secret hideout, an abandoned warehouse, a tuna factory where he nearly killed T-Bone and Razor in "Night of the Dark Kat", and that place on the island where he held Manx and Briggs hostage? That would cost money and Dark Kat is probably desperate for cash because why else would he order Hard Drive to rob the treasury. It would be logical if Dark Kat was being sponsored by the Yakuza or someone else in the show.


Actually, considering the events of Night of the Dark Kat, it seems more likely he finds himself through robberies. It just went for the treasury because, hey, he had the Turbokat and a guy who could turn himself into electricity that day. Dark Kat being Dark Kat, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who accepts donations from lesser criminals. And why would this hypothetical Megakat City Yakuza fund Dark Kat, anyway? What are they getting out of it? I would think they'd see Dark Kat as a threat; competition.

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:
And yeah, Thompson is more incompetent than Steele or he didn't have time to remove the explosives since Commander Feral and the Enforcers arrived to the scene.


One wonders, then, why his fellow Enforcers haven't found him out yet... or why whoever he's working for hasn't decided he's not worth it and stopped paying him. Or killed him.

SwatKatsFan1 wrote:
which is why I bet that the hospital performs medical operations without reporting them.


Well, my idea about the existence of corrupt paramedics and hostipal staff was only intended as a suggestion for why the elderly couple weren't found out as fakes. While people who'll take hush money from a tall purple guy in black robes wouldn't be above other kinds of illegal activity, it's still just as much of a fan theory as mine is.

Statistics: Posted by Kooshmeister — Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Read More